Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. The promoter is: [the University of Glasgow (charity number SC004401)], whose registered office is at [University Avenue, Glasgow, G12 8QQ].
2. The competition is open to people holding a Conditional or an Unconditional Offer to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of Glasgow, commencing in 2017, aged 16 years or over except employees of [the University of Glasgow] and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. In order to win the prize, the chosen winner must accept the offer of study at the University of Glasgow and commence their degree programme in 2017. Deferred entry is not possible. If the winner does not complete a year of study at the University, they may be asked to return the prize.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via [https://www.uofgworldchangers.com/win]
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. The competition will open for entries at [10.00am, 4th April 2017, GMT.] The closing date for entry will be [11.59pm, 8th June 2017, GMT]. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
i) Take a photo or record a video on the theme: ‘What would you do to change the world?’
ii) Make sure that you own the copyright for all images and sounds in your entry – we cannot feature entries with music that is not royalty-free, for example.
iii) Upload your photo or video to the competition gallery at https://www.uofgworldchangers.com/win and answer all questions on the online entry form.
By uploading photos or video to the competition gallery you are granting permission for these to be used by the University of Glasgow in any and all marketing activities, including, but not limited to, on the website https://www.uofgworldchangers.com/ and on the University’s social media accounts.
By submitting your entry you understand and agree that the University of Glasgow has no obligation to publish your entry. You must be the author/copyright holder of all images and sounds submitted.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is a ‘World Changer’s Welcome’ of £250.00, to be made available to the winner upon their enrolment on an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of Glasgow, commencing in 2017.
The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. A shortlist will be chosen [as a result of a popular vote conducted via www.uofgworldchangers.com as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and or its agents]. The winner will then be chosen from the shortlist by [an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter].
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [Scottish] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [Scotland].
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to [the University of Glasgow] and not to any other party. The information provided will be used to administer this competition and will not be shared with any other party outside the University of Glasgow.
23. [The University of Glasgow] shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to the www.uofgworldchangers.com website.
24. [The University of Glasgow] also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.